ZYN Class Action Lawsuit – Learn More

Whiplash Lawyer

Fort Lauderdale Whiplash Lawyer

Proven Car Accident Attorneys in South Florida

Have you or someone you love suffered whiplash in an auto accident? Our Fort Lauderdale whiplash attorneys want to advocate for you.At Schlesinger Law Offices, P.A., we firmly believe no one should be left to pay for the negligence of another party. We aim to help our clients exercise their rights without taking their attention away from healing. These injuries can have a serious impact on a person’s life, often requiring pricey medical care, physical therapy, time off work, and more. 

We won’t let the at-fault party and their insurance provider downplay your injury and rob you of your rightful compensation. We will fight to get every penny owed to you. 

By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy

How Much Is a Whiplash Claim Worth?

The average settlement for whiplash in Florida is hard to calculate. For example, minor whiplash may be worth up to $100,000. Severe whiplash will usually warrant a seven-figure recovery.

Unfortunately, personal injury protection (PIP) insurance limits are set at $10,000, making it difficult for anyone with a whiplash injury to recover their full compensation. It is likely that you will need to go through the civil justice system to do so. 

Our whiplash lawyers in Fort Lauderdale can guide you through the legal process, as well as calculate damages correctly and accurately. There may be some damages you do not even know you have accumulated. 

Potential Compensation Available to Whiplash Victims

Accident victims who suffered whiplash may be compensated for the following damages. 


  • Medical bills and expenses
  • Lost wages and benefits due to missed work
  • Pain and suffering
  • Emotional distress
  • Disability
  • Property damage
Car Accident Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale

OUR results

$30.5 Million


The firm won $30.5 million in compensation for the family of a man who sustained a brain injury in a car accident.

$30 Million


Johnson V Prada – $30 Million verdict after Mr. Johnson suffered brain damage from an auto accident.

$15.7 Million


Roster v Florida Dept of Transportation – $15,737,000 verdict. Mr. Roster was struck by a drunk driver and left a quadriplegic.

Who Can Sue for Whiplash?

Florida has a pure comparative fault rule, which is a fancy way of saying that anyone injured in a crash can recover compensation for the damages created by the other party. That means you could technically recover compensation even if you were 80% at fault—you would only be entitled to compensation for 20% of your damages, however. You would need to compensate the other party for 80% of their damages. For this reason, it is generally only worth pursuing compensation if you were mostly not at fault for the accident. 

Fortunately, this also means anyone can sue for whiplash in Florida. Whether or not you should will boil down to whether it is the best course of action for you. At Schlesinger Law Offices, P.A., our Fort Lauderdale car accident attorneys are passionate about helping victims of negligence. If you have been injured, even if you are partially to blame, we want to help you maximize your compensation.

Why Hire a Fort Lauderdale Whiplash Attorney?

There are many benefits to hiring an attorney. For one, you can greatly increase your chances of recovering compensation, as well as increase the amount of compensation you are likely to recover. Insurance payouts tend to be 3.5 times higher on average for accident victims who work with an attorney.

When you hire our South Florida team, you are hiring experienced advocates who are nationally respected for their legal skill. We have been advocating for the injured for more than 70 years. There is no doubt that we have what it takes to advocate for you. To date, we have recovered millions for our clients through our effective representation and comprehensive guidance.